Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week 47: Hexagon Quilt Back

 I took a few weeks off from the baby quilt I'm making. Remember it?  Yellow and gray with hexagons and triangles?
Last night I finished the back of the quilt, and hand quilted the front and back together.

I added a stripe of triangles across the center of the back.  I was just too in love with the fabric to not add some of it to the back. 

To quilt the sides together I used a running stitch around each hexagon, yellow around the yellow hexagons, and gray and white around the others.


The quilt front has a gray rectangle border around the edges. I used gray embroidery floss around the edges of those rectangles. 



The quilt isn't done yet.  I still have to bind these scrappy looking edges...

Something to do tonight...



No comments:

Post a Comment