Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 43: Tin and Twine

 A quick and easy craft this week, and a way to turn some tin cans into something special.  I'm not sure what's up with me lately, but I just cant get rid of tin cans.  I like how shiny they are, and their bumpiness.  I love that they come in so many sizes, and of course, I love that they're free when you buy food.  Oh how I love free stuff. 
 To fancify my new faves, I used to of my old faves: twine and hot glue.
 Also, I protected my table with the left overs from my absentee ballot.  
Did you vote yet?
 Basically, I started at the base of the can, added a little glob of hot glue to the seam, and wrapped the twine around a few times, covering the glue. Repeat.
 One little can.
 One medium can half "dipped" in twine.
 And one jumbo can striped with twine.
 Three in a row.
 Filled with plants, pencils, silverware... lovely and free. Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment